Thursday, December 8, 2016

6 years never really noticed...

I went to watch Carter coach his 8th grade game. Then we went to eat. I got home at 7:45. My plan touch up a couple paint spots then relax and watch the Chiefs. As mentioned in last post, I have been working on spots in the office. 

"Measure twice cut once." I've heard that many times. 

Calling all painters- Is there an old adage for painters?  Test twice-paint once?  If so, I wish I heard it prior to 8:30pm tonight. 

So we have been in this house for six years. There are some spots that need touched up in the upstairs bathroom. 
So I pulled the paint can out of the basement. I'm thankful the previous owners left all the cans in the basement. I stir it up many times. I take a small brush and paint a small area under the sink. It matches perfectly. I even let it dry and it matched. 

So the Chiefs are on, Carter is in the living room nearby, I start on an area.
I cuss out loud. I call Carter in to prove that it matched where I tried it. For the first time in 6 years we notice the walls in this bathroom are two different colors!  Crap!  What to do?  I leave at 3 tomorrow. We have a showing Saturday. I don't have time to paint the entire room. 

I scramble to garage. We have brushes, edgers, painters tape, and only a mini roller. I decide I'll edge tonight, run to store tomorrow for a roller, and paint in the morning. Another unfinished urgent task, no way I can sleep good tonight. 

Here are the two walls. The paint matched the section next to the mirror.

I get to listen to the Chiefs while I trim the bathroom. 

From now on I will check paint matches in 2 different areas. 

I can't believe we never noticed the walls were different in this room. 

My life is NEVER boring!  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment