Monday, December 5, 2016

Lady MacBeth

I am asked many a time, what I do to keep busy everyday.  I assure those that ask, that there is always a lot to do.  I would rather lay on the sofa and read for hours, surf the net all day, or take a soak in the tub everyday...although that is what many think I do all day (a.k.a. My mother) my life is a lot more messy. 

For instance today, I planned to clean, do laundry, walk Nala, run errands, and box up the mudroom all before 3pm. 

I started picking up, started laundry, and walked Nala. When I went to change the laundry, my day and all plans were derailed. When I opened the dryer I found ink everywhere.

One of my sons will be upset when they see the laundry they did over the weekend. An ink pen exploded. "Be sure to check all pockets."  Moms are always nagging and I am no different. 

Standing at the stained dryer, I began my search. Google had too many so I started trying items myself. 


 Wipes didn't work. Hairspray works on clothes and carpet but not dryer drums. The wine stain remover works on carpets and clothes but not dryers. So I went back to Google. 



 At last fingernail polish remover did the trick. My drum is now clean and I am high as a kite!  

 I am small so reaching in to clean meant climbing partially in the drum. Of course there is no air vent and it is a confined space. The fumes were strong. Now clean, I had to ensure all alcohol was removed so as not to set the dryer on fire. So I rinsed the drum. 

Now I can switch the laundry and try to get my day back in track. It took over an hour to de-ink the dryer drum. 

Of course half my list for the day is still incomplete as Jamie arrived home. As I drive to KC tonight, I made the to do list for tomorrow in my mind. 

Fix Jamie's headlight, unpack wardrobe boxes then flatten them in my trunk, drive to Des Moines, run errands, do Laundry, box up mudroom and office closet, walk Nala, cook dinner for Carter and me, etc. let's see if Tuesday goes as planned. (I won't hold my breath.)





No comments:

Post a Comment